As the volumes of data companies are dealing with increases every year, it is becoming increasingly harder for organizations to identify duplicates and maintain a high level of data hygiene. Datagroomr and Demand Tools are some of the most popular deduplication tools business trust to help them with their data quality problems, but these products are radically different. Before we start comparing the features both DataGroomr and Demand Tools offer, let’s first get an overview of each product.
DataGroomr vs. DemandTools
Try DataGroomr for Free
No Setup or Customization Required.
A product’s usability depends on how well its features accommodate users’ needs and contexts and includes things like effectiveness, efficiency, engagements and many other factors. Let’s take a look at how DemandTools and DataGroomr compare in a head-to-head usability comparison.
|Easy to use|
|Phone/email support available|
|No setup required|
|No configuration required|
|No data standardization required|
|No download required|
When working with raw data, a thorough data cleansing is always necessary due to the volume of duplicates. DemandTools competitors offer functionality for detecting duplicates, but DataGroomr dives deeper into duplicates and provides a more thorough cleaning. You can find a DemandTools tutorial on their website that explains their functionality.
|Cross object deduplication|
|Custom object deduplication|
|En masse deduplication|
|Dedupe import data before it reaches your Salesforce|
|Flag false positives|
DemandTools & DataGroomr Pricing
When determining whether or not a particular product is worth the investment, you need to take into account all of the features it offers and whether or not it will make the day-to-day jobs of your employees a lot easier.
|Minimum annual price||$995/yr||$1,200/yr|
|Free Trial||14 days||30 days|
|Best value for multi-user organizations|
|Best value for organizations with 100,000+ records|
- Leverages machine learning to identify duplicates in your Salesforce environment
- No setup required
- No standardization or normalization required to detect duplicates.
- Provides a modern, fast, and intuitive interface.
- Provides three ways to merge duplicate groups:
- Side-by-side record view in DataGroomr
- Side-by-side record view in Salesforce
- Mass Merge
- Dedupe import files before data reaches Salesforce.
- DataGroomr provides a detailed audit trail for all changes
- Scheduler for full automation of repetitive tasks
- Demand Tools relies on rule creation to identify duplicates
- Demand Tools needs to be downloaded and installed instead of simply connecting to your Salesforce
- Demand Tools is not very user friendly because it will take you awhile to learn how to use all of the features
- The user interface is a bit clunky and outdated
- Demand Tools is only available for Windows (no Mac/OS X version)